Senior Lighting Artist / firstname.lastname@example.org / 6472208804/ www.karla3d.com
Work in an environment that challenges me to continue learning, at the same time be able to lead and grow with any team I work with. To create a workspace that is in continual growth with opportunities of advancement.
Senior Lighting Artist and Rendering Artist
Oct 2021 – Present
Senior Lighting Artist
May 2015 – Oct 2021
WATCHDOGS LEGION (Unreleased)
Responsible for in-game lighting for a variety of environments, missions, interactive shop lighting, as well as the character select menu. Intragal part of creating lighting assets to be used by our lighting team. Coordinated lighting with codev studios as well as providing technical support for codev lighting team. Responsible for creating lighting documentation for, onboarding, best practices, lighting tools, debugging and memory.
WATCHDOGS 2 (2016)
Environment and in-game cinematics lighting. Restaurants, clothing shops and car dealership lighting.
FAR CRY PRIMAL (2015)
Character and environment lighter for next generation consoles and PC, working closely with the art director and gameplay team. Creating lighting within the game that not only enhances the visual impact, but acts as a game play guide for the player.
EIDOS/ SQUARE ENIX
June 2012 – May 2015
Character and environment lighter for next-generation consoles and PC, working closely with the art director and gameplay team. Creating lighting within the game that not only enhances the visual impact, but acts as a gameplay guide for the player.
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER
Senior Lighting Artist
- Responsible for the lighting for the current project in the Montreal division, for character and environment lighting.
- Cinematic and in-game cinematic lighting. Supervise the work from the cinematic team in order to provide cohesion throughout the game.
- Setting lighting mood for story and gameplay purposes.
- Working closely with other divisions to achieve a cohesive global vision, ie; FX and gameplay.
- Lighting streaming and debugging any lighting-related issues also ensuring lighting is on budget and working with engineers for lighting tools and optimization.
- Set lighting best practices for the current projects as well as documentation.
- On-screen graphical overwrites and cube map generation for reflection maps.
- I was in charge of cinematic lighting for environments and characters, some of these cinematics were both in game and pre rendered.
- Collaborating with the FX department, to achieve a cohesive vision between the pre rendered and in game cinematic.
- Make sure that assets are on same level as the rest of the environment, maintaining a visual cohesion set by the art director, as lighting is on the end of the pipeline.
- Worked with art director not only to set lighting goals but set camera DOF
April 2007 – June 2012
Environment and character lighter for next generation games and Wii titles. Ensuring the vision of the art director translates into the environment using a variety of in house tools, and developing new techniques to satisfy each project’s needs.
- FIFA 13 (PS3 & XBOX 360) Environment Lighting (2012)
- SSX (PS3 & XBOX 360) Global lighting (2012)
- FIFA 12 (PS3 & XBOX 360) Environment Lighting (2011)
- Fight Night Champion (PS3 & XBOX 360) Environment Lighting and Character Lighting (2010)
- NHL 11 (PS3 & XBOX 360) Environment Lighting & Modelling (2010) – Lighting Lead
- NHL Slapshot (Wii) Environment Lighting & Modelling (2010)
- FIFA World Cup 2010 (PS3 & XBOX 360) Environment Lighting (2010)
- Tennis Grand Slam 09 (Wii) Environment Lighting Lead (2009)
- March Madness 09 (PS3 &XBOX 360) Environment Lighting (2008)
- NBA Live 09 (PS3 & XBOX 360) Environment Lighting (2008)
- Facebreaker (PS3 & XBOX 360) Environment Lighting (2008)
- NBA Live 08 (PS3 & XBOX 360) Environment Lighting (2007)
3D Animation and visual effects program – Vancouver Film School , Vancouver BC Canada, 2005 – 2006
Industrial Design, Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, Guadalajara Jal México, 2000 – 2004
PROGRAMS & SOFTWARE
- Mental Ray
- Unreal Engine
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro